Nijmegen Holland. 1953
- Academy of Fine Arts Arnhem Holland. 1974 - 1979
Work / Experience:
- since 1979 independant and freelance jewelry- and product designer.
- 1985-1990 Teacher for product- and jewellery design at the Academy of Fine Arts Utrecht Holland
- 1990-1992 Teacher for product- and jewelry design at the Academy of Fine Arts in Arnhem Holland
- 1992 - present Professor for product- and jewelry design at the University of Applied Science in Düsseldorf Germany
- From 1985 - present guest lecturer at different school, institutes or symposiums in
- Netherlands,Germany,Spain, Great-Brittain, USA.
- Design jury-member in several design contests in Holland and Germany.
- Several solo- and groupexhibitions for jewelry design in: Holland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Great-Britain, Spain,Portugal, France, Italy, Scandinavia, Czech Republic, USA, Canada , Australia and Japan.
- Several solo- and group presentations for product design in Holland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Great-Brittain, USA and Japan.
Designs in productions:
- Artimeta (1), Designum (8), Indoor (2), Auping (1), Niessing (1), ClassiCon (1)
Own productions :
- Limited editions of business gifts for KPN Telecom, Post and others.
- Different designs of lamps, furniture, vitrines, dishes and gift-aways in limited
- All jewelry designs, in limited editions or unique pieces
Designs in museum collections:
- Museum of Modern Art in Arnhem Holland
- Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam Holland
- Rijksdienst Beeldende Kunst Amsterdam Holland
- Van Reekum Museum Apeldoorn Holland
- Museum Boymans van Beuningen Rotterdam Holland
- Haags Gemeente Museum The Hague Holland
- Museum Het Kruithuis Den Bosch Holland
- Centraal Museum Utrecht Holland
- Schmuck Museum Pforzheim Germany
- Museum für Angewandte Kunst Cologne Germany
- Bauhaus Archiv Berlin Germany
- Neue Sammlung Munich Germany
- Museum für Kunsthandwerk Hamburg Germany
- Museum for Kunsthandverk Oslo Norway
- Museum Trondheim Norway
- Cleveland Contemporary Jewellery Collection UK
- Victoria and Albert Museum London UK
- Museum des Arts Decoratifs Montreal Canada.
- Cooper Hewitt Museum New York USA
- Museum Turnov,Czech-Republic
- Angermuseum Erfurt Germany
- Die Neue Pinakotek,Munich Germany
- National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto Japan
- 1993 Rotterdam Design Prize, honourable mention for the letter opener Fontana" produced by Designum Holland
- 1998 Design Innovations, Design Centre NRW Germany, award for High Design Quality"
- of the ring designs Mäander" produced by Niessing Germany
- 2001 Reddot Design Award, Design Centre NRW, reddot: best of the best" for the floorlamp Charis produced by ClassiCon Munich Germany
- 2002 IF Design Award 2002 for floorlamp Charis by ClassiCon
Statement to my work
Since I started as a designer the main challenge and item in my work is looking for new technical solutions within a contemporary interpretation of traditional values and crafts in combination with expressive and innovative design.