Training / Education:
- BFA Studio Art University of Texas at Austin 1998
- MFA Metalsmithing and Jewelry University of Oregon 2001
- Pratt Fine Arts Center, Seattle, Washington
- Basic soldering and mechanisms workshops for Winter term 2006, Earring workshop for Spring term 2006.
- Outcast and Company, Seattle, Washington
- Production Assistant
- Assist in wax work and fabrication for a production and one-off casting shop. (September 2005- present)
- Seattle University, Seattle, Washington
- Adjunct Professor
- Two dimensional design and color theory (Fall 2004)
Exhibitions (Solo & Group Shows):
- SOFA New York, represented by Charon Kransen Arts
- Untitled, Souvenir, Seattle, Washington (group)
- Glass/Wear, Craft Alliance, St. Louis, Missouri (invitational)
- Jewelry, Souvenir, Seattle, Washington (solo)
- Concourse A, Seattle Tacoma International Airport
- In Our Own Image, Ancient Grounds Gallery, Seattle, Washington
- Embracing the Sacred and the Secular: Reliquaries in Contemporary Metals, (invitational) Heights Arts, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- SOFA, New York, Aaron Faber Gallery, New York, New York
- Artists’ Choice, (invitational) Aaron Faber Gallery, New York, New York Juncture, (invitational) Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, Houston, Texas
- Love Fests and Fist Fights, (invitational) Crawl Space Gallery, Seattle, Washington
- Metal and Otherwise: Jewelry Media Connections, Florida Craftsmen Gallery, St. Petersburg, Florida
- New Works in Metal, William Traver Gallery, Seattle, Washington
- Materials: Hard and Soft, Meadows Gallery, Greater Denton Arts Council, Denton, Texas
- Amalgamate, (invitational) Slocumb Gallery, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee
- Exhibition in Print, Metalsmith Magazine
Awards / Grants:
- Selected Participant in the EDGE Professional Development Program
Artist Trust professional development program for emerging artists, 2003.
- Graduate Teaching Fellowship
Art department faculty nominated merit scholarship, University of Oregon 1999-2001.
- Studio Art Research Award
Art Department faculty nominated cash award, University of Texas at Austin 1997.
- Ollie Trout Silver Award
Metalsmithing department raw material award and piece selected for placement in the Ollie Trout Jewelry Collection, University of Texas at Austin 1996.
Collections (Private & Museum):
- Collection of Aleeta Latham Seattle, Washington
- Collection of Dianne Elliot Seattle, Washington
- “Jewelry Artists are Flourishing in Seattle” Seattle Post-Intelligencer, December 15, 2005
- “Are You Cut Out for Custom?” Lapidary Journal, Vol. 58, No. 11, 2005 interview and photographs, p. 28
- “New Works in Metal,” Metalsmith, Vol. 24, No. 2, 2004 review and photograph, p. 53
Working in my studio, I wish to continually surprise myself. I am always searching for new structures and forms and find myself moving from one material to another to suit my needs. I hope that by challenging myself to go beyond my own complacency I might surprise and inspire others as well.