Philadelphia, PA USA
Training / Education:
- 1967 BA Connecticut College
- 1970 MA Bryn Mawr College
- Parsons School of Design NY USA
- 1985-89 Robert Ebendorf
- 1985-present Workshops with Master Goldsmiths
- 1999-2001, 2003-2006 Chairperson, Editorial Advisory Committee, Metalsmith Magazine
- 1985-present: Workshop instructor, including Penland School of Crafts, Arrowmont School of Crafts, Rutgers University, The Newark Museum, PA society of Goldsmiths, and many more community based programs
- Writer: 2004 Juror and author 500 Brooches, Lark Books
- Regular contributor to Metalsmith Magazine, critical reviews and feature articles, including Pat Flynn, Sharon Church, Giovanni Corvaja and Jacqueline Ryan, Barbara Siedenath, Robert Baines. Author of catalogue essay for Liv Blavarp, Robert Ebendorf, Harlan Butt, The Enamel Society National and International catalogues.
- Curator: The environMENTAL Bead. 1997.
- Juror for NJ State Council on the Arts and Mid-Atlantic Arts Foundation
- 1988-92 Standards Chairperson, New Jersey Designer Craftsmen.
- Exhibitions (Solo & Group Shows):
- 1997-present: SOFA/Chicago and New York, repr. by Charon Kransen Arts
- 2003 Solo exhibition, Objects of Desire Gallery, Louisville, KY USA
- 2001 Group show, New Work by A/K/A:92, Snyderman/Works Gallery, Philadelphia, PA USA
- 2000 Group show: Concordance, A/K/A:92 Bruce Gallery, Edinboro, PA USA
- Solo exhibition Objects of Desire Gallery, Louisville, KY USA. Traveled to Works/Snyderman Gallery, Philadelphia, PA
Awards / Grants:
- 1998 MidAtlantic Arts Foundation/ NJSCA Fellowship Grant
- 1994 Finalist, Niche Design Award, Fashion Jewelry
- 1983 New Jersey State Council on the Arts Fellowship Grant
Collections (Private & Museum):
- Highland Park Public Library, onsite installation. Clock. Highland Park NJ USA.
- Mint Museum of Craft and Design, Charlotte, NC USA
- Racine Art Museum, Racine, WI USA
- Published writing, 1984-present. Metalsmith Magazine, American Craft, Surface Design Journal. See above.
- Work included in 500 Brooches, Lark Books; Metalsmith Exhibition in Print 2003; Color on Metal, by Tim McCreight, 2001; The Metalsmith's Book of Boxes and Lockets, by Tim McCreight, 1999; Ornament Magazine, 1997; The Fine Art of the Tin Can, by Bobby Hansson, 1996.
My current work is all about jewelry. The enameled botanicals grew out of detailed pen and ink drawings of plant forms using a microscope. The folded and constructed forms emerged from experiments with origami and kirigami (folded and cut paper). I have combined torch-firing and kiln firing, deliberately burning out areas to keep the work looking raw and gestural.