1966 in Johannesburg South Africa
Training / Education:
- 1987 1990
- apprenticeship as a goldsmith Münster / Germany.
- examination as master craftsman
- 1990 1992
- further training in Koblenz and Düsseldorf Germany
- 1992 1999
- staff member and workshop supervisor - Professor Friedrich Becker, Düsseldorf Germany
- since July 1999 own studio in Düsseldorf-Oberkassel Germany
Exhibitions (Solo & Group Shows):
- In der Mitte der Tafel, Solingen Germany
- Manufaktum, Solingen Germany
- Kostbarkeiten aus Stahl, Düsseldorf Germany
- Asymmetrie und Harmonie Gesellschaft für Goldschmiedekunst, Frankfurt Germany
- Funktionelle Gestaltung, HWK Dortmund Germany
- Manufaktum, Kevelaer Germany
- Thema Stahl , Kolloquium NRW Solingen,Pforzheim, Chemnitz, Hanau Germany
Awards / Grants:
- Jewelry Prize Northrhine-Westfalia 2004 Germany
- Minimal rings, Arch Gregory Full Spectrum Publishing, 2004
- die vierte Dimension Schmuck in Bewegung, GZ - Goldschmiede Zeitung 01/05
Kinetic jewelry enhances the design of jewelry by a fourth dimension: movement.
Individual elements can rotate, be turned or can swing, inspired by the kinetic energy of the body.
Due to the many years of working for and assisting Friedrich Becker, the inventor of kinetic jewelry, the fascination of this extraordinary form of jewelry took hold of Michael Berger too.