1973, Weingarten, Germany
Training / Education:
- 1994 1996 Goldsmith College Pforzheim, Germany
- 1996 1999 Internship and apprentice at Goldsmith Welte in Wangen, Germany
- 1999 2000 Goldsmith at Kinzel & Rall in Kempten, Germany
- 2001 Goldsmith at Gioielli Dante Di Lilla in Turino Italy
- 2001 2005 Studies at the Academy of Fine Arts, Pforzheim, Germany. Department Jewelry and Object , Graduation 2005
- 2003 Practical semester at Vivienne Westwood Studios, London and VIK Jewelery Design, London, UK
- Since 2005 own studio as jeweler
Exhibitions (Solo & Group Shows):
- “2002 International Jewelry Symposium, Geneva, Switzerland: “L’ornement est-il toujours un crime“ Group Show.
- 2004 “Regala Art” Gallery Alea, Barcelona, Spain. Group Show
- 2005 „Form“ Exhibition Applied Art, Ludwigshafen, Germany. Group Show.
- 2005 „Das Fräulein von Scudery“, Gallery Wurm & Schmidl, Ravensburg, Germany. Group Show.
- 2005 „Unikum“ at Gallery „Friends of Carlotta“, Zürich, Switzerland. Group Show
- 2006 Inhorgenta, Sonderschau „Brand New New Brand“, Munich Germany
- 2006 SOFA NY Art Fair, represented by Charon Kransen Arts USA
Awards / Grants:
- 1998 Award Handwerkskammer Ulm, Germany.
- 2001 Stipend Hermann-Strenger Foundation, Carl Duisberg Cy. Germany
- 2006 State Prize for Craft/Art. Baden-Württemberg 2006, Germany
- Prize for the emerging artist
- 2006 Innovation Prize Inhorgenta Europe 2006, Fair Munich Germany
As a designer I let myself be inspired by the material. The work is a play between filosophy and craft; between idea and material.
I design by exploring the material and all it’s possibilities.
I am part of the creation by bringing myself into it and by doing so bringing out the specific character and the uniqueness of the material.